Languages

Monday, September 9, 2013

How to solve iPhone not syncing via Wi-Fi

Some time ago I faced this problem, I wanted to sync my iPhone via Wi-Fi with a windows computer over iTunes, I know iTunes and iPhone have this feature, but even doing everything necessary, it never worked!

As soon as I took my phone out of the cable it could not see my computer on the network anymore and neither my computer did.


What I noticed is that when I closed iTunes, stopped the "Apple Mobile Device" service and started it again my iPhone got instantly detected!

It's too bad that Apple can't fix this, iTunes already had so many updates and yet this problem continues!

The workaround was to build a script that, after my computer started up, it restarted this service and just then launched iTunes.

Here is the script, you can set it to run on boot by placing it in the startup folder under start menu.

If you do not want to run iTunes on boot you can remove the iTunes.exe line before the last one:

https://sites.google.com/site/thinkhackerblog/itunes.zip?attredirects=0&d=1


No comments:

Post a Comment